Three Catalinas were acquired for the IDF/AF and served from 1951 to 1956 in the maritime patrol role. The Catalinas were painted Dark Blue overall and given the serial numbers 3401-3403. Based mainly at Hatzor, with some operations from Haifa. Withdrawn in 1956. Originally delivered unarmed, with non-standard domed nose-turrets, but later equipped with machine guns in the waist blisters. One aircraft sold to the USA in the mid 1950s.
State of Israel | Military > Heyl Ha'Avir (Israel Defense Forces/Air Force IDF/AF) > 69 Tayeset "Patishim" (69th Squadron "The Hammers")
Consolidated PBY "Catalina" | PBY-5A | 3401